- For end-user documentation on Socket Enhancer, see Help:Socket Enhancer.
Socket Enhancer is an LD_PRELOAD library that intercepts the
connect system calls. This library can be used for various purposes, including connecting to IPv6 link-local addresses without client support, setting the source IP for individual applications, and enabling IP_FREEBIND (for use with the AnyIP trick, as described in Snippets:Nginx geo local server address).
To do list
- Transparent proxying
- NAT64 CLAT
- Connections to Unix domain sockets
- Improvements to the "universal link-local address mode" (e.g. changing the fixed prefix, selecting the device via other means e.g. using a dictionary or static map)
- Randomizing source IP for "ip route add local" of a /64 (or other prefix length)
- BSD-style format (fe80:x::y:y:y:y) for universal link-local mode